Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

FAQs

For information on Hire Charges and venue capacity please see out Hiring the Hall page. Our Terms and Conditions on our Hiring the Hall page may also give you the information that you need. 

How large is your car park?
We have free car park that belongs to the hall with a capacity of 20-30 cars. There may be additional parking available, particularly at weekends. Users of the village hall have priority access of our car park at all times. The car park is owned and maintained by the Village Hall since 1966. Users of the Village Hall have priority access to the car park at all times.  The access road and most of pavement is owned by Buckinghamshire Council and the responsibility of the School.

How can we see if the hall is available?
Visit https://www.bookingsmanager.biz/IverHeathVillageHall/ and confirm by phone or email.

Is the hall accessible?
The community room and main hall are accessible on the ground floor. There is a small lip at the entrance to the main door. The Church room on the first floor is only accessible by stairs. We have an accessible toilet and baby change on the ground floor.

Do I have to allow setting up and clearing away time in my hire?
Yes, and please check how long any entertainers etc will take to set up and clear away. Allow enough time, particularly at the end of parties for clearing away.

How will I access the hall?
Regular hirers have their own keys. For occasional hirers, one of our volunteers will open up, check you know where everything is and lock up at the end.

Do I have to clean at the end of a hire?
We ask you to put your rubbish in our bins outside, sweep the floor and wipe down kitchen surfaces,

Are bouncy castles allowed? 
Yes, but please make sure that they are no taller than 4m and that the operator has the appropriate insurance. The hirer is responsible (and liable) for this. The castle must be located away from the stage lights.

Are candles allowed? 
No, our insurance will not permit naked flames.

What equipment does the kitchen have? 
We have a small range cooker, microwave, fridge and boiling water heater. we have some cups and saucers, but most hirers bring their own plates, cutlery, spare bin liners etc. You will also need need cloths etc for washing up. You can see a 360 photo here: https://www.facebook.com/IverHeathVillageHall/photos/129446819986046 

Do you have wi fi?
Yes, we have free wi fi throughout the building.

Do you have a projector? Or a Sound System?
We have a projector in the main hall that connects via HDMI (such as laptops). This is also supports sound via HDMI.
The sound system is available which supports music via bluetooth and aux (3.5mm with connector for USB-C and Apple Lightening) 
We make an additional charge for this for occasional users.

Are there chairs?
Each room has a supply of chairs in accordance with the capacity of the room.

Can I use the stage? 
The stage can only be used if you book the main hall. Price on Application.
Due to health and safety issues it must not be used unless previously booked. Lighting can only be used with support of the Iver Heath Drama Club (who own the equipment). The projector screen is on the stage. You are likely to need your own Public Liability Insurance to use the stage. This is a working stage and so using it without permission and appropriate safety knowledge is dangerous.

Do I need to provide loo roll? Or kitchen towels?
There will be plenty of toilet roll in each cubicle. There will be some kitchen towel in the dispenser but if you are preparing or serving food, we suggest you supply additional kitchen towels.

Are there any restrictions on times for my event/class/group?
For occasional hires, there are limitations due to the availability of our volunteers. Some local venues have employed staff and therefore are able to host bookings/events into the late evening. Regular hirers are keyholders, due to the longstanding relationship they have with us and the community, and can therefore operate up to 10:30pm. There are other less frequent restrictions, such as cancelling of bookings for elections, which are covered in our policies and terms of hire.

Are there tables for activities or buffet?
There is a cupboard with folding tables. There is at least 15  wipe-clean tables and these measure 70cm by 184cm (approx). If you use the table, please clean them before returning. There are additional older square tables (67cm by 67cm)

After the hire, what do we do with the rubbish?
Please place your rubbish in the large bins using the bin key (in the kitchen) to open the bins. The bins are located beside the school - to the left as you leave the main entrance. Spare bin liners are provided in the kitchen bin but please supply your own bin liners if you think you may produce more than 2 bags.

I'm planning an event or party after 6pm, maybe into the night. Is this available?
We do not have staff or employees, we only have volunteers. In the local area several venues have had issues with late hire in the past, for example one local venue experienced expensive damage during a young adult birthday party. For this reason our volunteers inspect the hall at lock up for all occasional hires while some other venues in this area, for example golf clubs and social clubs have employed staff who monitor events. We are aware that some venues require licensed security staff after a set time (normally paid by the hirer via an approved agency). 
As we are a small community charity with a small number of local volunteers this is not a service that we can feasibly provide. Overnight events are forbidden.

We're hiring the hall and there is an issue or urgent problem?
If you have a general question, please contact the booking line or speak with the volunteer who unlocks or locks the hall for you. If it is urgent, please call the number on the HALL NOTICES board at the main entrance.  Also on that board is information on contacting the emergency services - due to a fire for example - and the fire evacuation plan.

I'm hiring the hire. What are my responsibilities?
Please have a read through our policies and terms on this website.
You will be responsible for the conduct of your customers/visitors/members and their safety. You will need to consider if you need insurance and to register with a governing body - such as OFSTED or the council. As named hirer you would need to act as First Aid Officer and Fire Marshal - roles you can delegate or share. You may also need to consider safeguarding and DBS checks for the safety of any children and/or vulnerable adults. You are also liable for any debts or fees or costs incurred by damage or negligence. If you use any contractors, such as  entertainers or decorators, you will need to ensure they are vetted, insured and comply with our policies, terms and any relevant UK law. This might sound daunting, but we are proud to host and support a variety of small businesses and non-profits at our hall and will support as best we can. 

Do I need to have my own insurance?
The hall's insurance offers basic 'public liability' cover to non-commercial private functions that benefit the community; this could be a local social group or a child's birthday party. If your event is open to non-members (such as customers, guests or visitors), you will need your own Public Liability Insurance. If your event is to make a profit, you will need your own Public Liability Insurance. It is down to the 'named hirer' to ensure they have the protection they need - for example Public Liability Insurance with legal cover suitable for the sessions they do.

I love the gallery at the hall. How do I buy the artwork? Can my artwork be displayed there?
Below each painting/picture is a slip from the artist containing their contact info including social media. If you would like to display your artwork, please email us and we will display your artwork on 2-4 weeks on a rotation. We're happy to feature different pieces by the same artist - but it is 1 per artist at a time.

Do you have a hearing loop? 
No, not at present.

If you would like to enquire about hiring our hall please check the Hiring the Hall page.

Iver Heath Village Hall FAQs